Korean Skin Care Explained
Korean beauty, also known as “K-beauty”, is exactly what you think it is — Korean skincare and makeup products. Korean beauty has exploded in the beauty industry in recent years across the globe, especially Korean skin care, which is now the largest segment contributing to the beauty and personal care industry in South Korea.
Korean beauty products are created with Korean beauty philosophy in mind — meaning that products are created with a focus on long-term effects for healthy, hydrated skin, rather than to provide quick, “overnight” results that can potentially damage the skin barrier. Over the last few years, as more and more individuals began to take greater care of their health and wellbeing, skin care became an important factor in everyday life, hence why Korean skin care and its philosophy has become so popular.
Korean skin care is associated with “glass skin” and “honey skin” — smooth, glowing, hydrated, plump skin. Doesn’t that sound dreamy? Everyone’s skin is different, so achieving this look depends on what your skin needs and your skin type (dry, scaly, sensitive or oily skin, for example).
Many follow a 10-step routine using Korean skin care, which involves:
- Cleanse your skin using an oil-based cleanser to remove makeup and dirt.
- Deep cleanse using a water-based cleanser to remove sweat, more dirt and oil.
- Exfoliate to remove dead skin cells.
- Hydrate your skin with a toner to remove any leftover dirt and balance out your skin pH levels.
- Revitalise your skin with an essence to hydrate, soothe and heal your skin.
- Restore your skin’s moisture with a serum or ampoule to target specific skin issues, such as dry skin patches, dark spots and wrinkles.
- Further hydrate the skin with a mask for vitamin and minerals (this step can be performed once or twice a week instead of every day).
- Reduce dark lines with an eye cream to soothe, hydrate and prevent wrinkles under-eye.
- Moisturise to hydrate and seal in all products previously applied.
- Protect your skin against harmful UV rays with SPF cream.
This routine provides great results, but if 10 steps seem excessive for you (especially if you are just a beginner), then try to stick to at least five of the most important Korean skincare steps.
Shop Korean skincare products with K-Beauty UK now. Explore our range of Korean skincare products with free UK delivery on orders over £30. Buy now, pay later available. If you need help or have any questions, contact us now.