Korean ‘No Makeup’ Makeup for That Flawless K-Beauty Glow
Flawless Korean Beauty Glow!
Korean girls are the height of chic, known for their trendsetting abilities in both makeup and fashion. These women have minimal yet flawless makeup, skin that glows and gorgeously glossy hair.
For most Korean women, their goal is to walk around looking like they woke up like this. It's the classic Korean "no makeup" makeup look that helps them achieve the natural-looking, dewy skin, bright eyes and flushed cheeks synonymous with the K-beauty glow.
While the result looks effortless, the process to get there requires a bit of work. Here's how to master the Korean "no makeup" makeup technique.
How to Master the Korean ‘No Makeup’ Makeup Look
Step 1. Focus on Skincare
Despite this being a makeup tutorial, the truth is, Korean women put skincare first and don't rely heavily on makeup. Instead, they enhance their natural features, starting with skin health and care. So, before you go for the Korean "no makeup" look, you have to start with a Korean skincare routine.
The Korean 10-step skincare routine is world-renowned for helping to improve the health and look of your skin. Here's what you need:
- Oil Cleanser — removes makeup and balances the skin's moisture.
- Water Cleanser — eliminates impurities such as sweat, dirt and grease.
- Exfoliator — gently cleans and clears pores for healthier skin.
- Toner — evens skin tone, reduces pore size and eliminates blackheads.
- Essence — deeply nourishes and moisturises the skin, repairing any damage.
- Mask — rejuvenates skin for that glowing look.
- Serum — tightens skin and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Eye Cream — hydrates the delicate skin around the eyes and helps remove dark spots.
- Moisturiser — delivers deep hydration to the skin, making it soft, smooth and leaving it refreshed.
- Sunscreen — protects the skin from the sun's intense rays and air pollution.
Step 2. Prime Your Skin
Don't worry if you're new to K-beauty and haven't got that dewy, flawless skin yet — there are some fantastic products to help you fake it ‘til you make it. To create a flawlessly smooth canvas on which to apply your makeup, use a BB Cream or Primer first. After blending your primer of choice onto your face, you can move on to the next step.
Step 3. Perfect Your Base
If you need a little bit of coverage for dark circles or blemishes, apply concealer or foundation on top of your primer. The fundamental basis of the Korean no-makeup look is a natural-looking skin tone. This means you shouldn't cake on your foundation and can skip contouring your face.
Using your index finger, gently smooth and pat concealer that's one shade lighter than your skin under your eyes to cover any dark circles.
If you need to cover blemishes:
- Use a foundation that is the same colour as your skin, and apply only where you need it.
- Use your fingers or a brush, step back from the mirror, check again and repeat if necessary.
- Using a powder puff, set your foundation by patting a small amount of powder over it — skip this step, and your cover-up will disappear.
Step 4. Add the Glow
Koreans use their makeup to bring light to their faces, rather than creating shadows. Like we said before, they're all about flaunting what you've already got. To do just that, apply a Highlighter to your cheekbones, and outline the cupid's bow of your lips. This will draw subtle attention to your naturally gorgeous features.
Choose a highlighter without glitter flecks or unnatural colours so you truly look like you're being lit up from all the right angles.
Step 5. Just a Touch of Blush
A soft cream blush on the apples of your cheeks is all you need to accentuate a glowing face. Just like the rest of your makeup, keep it soft and natural.
Step 6. Lusher Lashes
Skip the eyeliner, and go straight for the Mascara to create that wide-eyed look that goes oh-so-perfectly with a classic red lip. Do one or two coats, and don't forget to curl the lashes first.
Step 7. Groom Your Brows
For the Korean "no makeup" makeup look, a little grooming is all you need. Use an eyebrow brush or a (specially purchased) soft toothbrush to comb your eyebrows before filling them in with the product of your choice.
You have a couple of options here — you can keep it super natural with an eyebrow mascara, or you can give your arches a little more definition with an eyebrow pencil. For a final authentic Korean "no makeup" touch, be sure to brush your eyebrows up, as that slightly unkempt “just out of bed” brow works well with the effortless look.
Step 8. Lastly Lips
Red lips look best with neutral clothing, toned-down makeup and relaxed hair — basically anything that won't distract from the luscious pop of colour.
Shop for Korean makeup products now, and get a free gift with orders over £25. We'll deliver for free anywhere in the UK when you spend £30 or more. Give yourself the Korean "no makeup" makeup look now.